Non-linear energy harvesting based power splitting relaying in full-duplex AF and DF relaying networks: system performance analysis; pp. 368–381Full article in PDF format | 10.3176/proc.2020.4.06
Wireless power transfer is considered as a novel solution for energy harvesting in wireless communication networks. In this paper, the system performance of the non-linear energy harvesting based power splitting relaying in the full-duplex relaying sensor network is investigated. We considered the system model network with one source, one destination, and one relay node in both the amplify-and-forward and decode-and-forward modes. The closed-form expressions of the system outage (OP) are analysed and derived for verifying system performance. Then, the correctness of the OP closed-form expression is verified by using the Monte Carlo simulation. Furthermore, the influence of the primary system parameters on the system OP is suggested and investigated. The research results indicated that the simulation curves and the analytical curves overlapped, verifying the correctness of the analytical expressions.
1. Bi, S., Ho, C. K., and Zhang, R. Wireless powered communication: oportunities and challenges. IEEE Commun. Mag., 2015, 53(4), 117–125.
2. Niyato, D., Kim, D. I., Maso, M., and Han, Z. Wireless powered communication networks: research directions and technological approaches. IEEE Wireless Commun., 2017, 24(6), 2–11.
3. Yu, H., Lee, H., and Jeon, H. What is 5G? Emerging 5G mobile services and network requirements. Sustainability, 2017, 9(10), 1848.
4. Salem, A., Hamdi, K. A., and Rabie, K. M. Physical layer security with RF energy harvesting in AF multi-antenna relaying networks. IEEE Trans. on Commun., 2016, 64(7), 3025–3038.
5. Liu, W., Zhou, X., Durrani, S., and Popovski, P. Secure communication with a wireless-powered friendly jammer. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 2016, 15(1), 401–415.
6. Nguyen, B. C., Hoang, T. M., Tran, P. T., and Nguyen,T. N. Outage probability of NOMA system with wireless power transfer at source and full-duplex relay. AEU-Int. J. Electron. Commun., 2020, 116, March 2020, 152957.
7. Zhou, X., Zhang, R., and Ho, C. K. Wireless information and power transfer: architecture design and rate-energy tradeoff. IEEE Trans. Commun., 2013, 61(11), 4754–4767.
8. Liu, L., Zhang, R., and Chua, K-C. Wireless information transfer with opportunistic energy harvesting. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 2013, 12(1), 288–300.
9. Nguyen, T. N., Tran, M., Ha, D-H., Trang, T. T., and Voznak, M. Multi-source in DF cooperative networks with the PSR protocol based full-duplex energy harvesting over a Rayleigh fading channel: performance analysis. Proc. Estonian Acad. Sci., 2019, 68, 264–275.
10. Medepally, B. and Mehta, N. B. Voluntary energy harvesting relays and selection in cooperative wireless networks. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 2010, 9(11), 3543–3553.
11. Zhang, R. and Ho, C. K. MIMO broadcasting for simultaneous wireless information and power transfer. In 2011 IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference – GLOBECOM 2011, 2011. arXiv:1105.4999v3.
12. Son, H. and Clerckx, B. Joint beamforming design for multi-user wireless information and power transfer. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 2014, 13(11), 6397–6409.
13. Xu, J., Liu, L., and Zhang, R. Multiuser MISO beamforming for simultaneous wireless information and power transfer. IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, 2014, 62(18), 4798–4810.
14. Park, J. and Clerckx, B. Joint wireless information and energy transfer in a two-user MIMO interference channel. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 2013, 12(8), 4210–4221.
15. Huang, K. and Larsson, E. Simultaneous information and power transfer for broadband wireless systems. IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, 2013, 61(23), 5972–5986.
16. Zhou, X., Zhang, R., and Ho, C. K. Wireless information and power transfer in multiuser OFDM systems. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 2014, 13(4), 2282–2294.
17. Nasir, A. A., Zhou, X., Durrani, S., and Kennedy, R. A. Relaying protocols for wireless energy harvesting and information processing. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 2013, 12(7), 3622–3636.
18. Huang, Y. and Clerckx, B. Joint wireless information and power transfer for an autonomous multiple antenna relay system. IEEE Commun. Lett., 2015, 19(7), 1113–1116.
19. Huang, Y. and Clerckx, B. Relaying strategies for wireless-powered MIMO relay networks. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 2016, 15(9), 6033–6047.
20. Ju, H. and Zhang, R. Throughput maximization in wireless powered communication networks. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 2014, 13(1), 418–428.
21. Lee, H., Lee, K-J., Kim, H., Clerckx, B., and Lee, I. Resource allocation techniques for wireless powered communication networks with energy storage constraint. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 2016, 15(4), 2619–2628.
22. Huang, K., Zhong C., and Zhu, G. Some new research trends in wirelessly powered communications. IEEE Wireless Commun., 2016, 23(2), 19–27.
23. Pflug, H. W., Keyrouz, S., and Visser, H. J. Far-field energy harvesting rectifier analysis. In 2016 IEEE Wireless Power Transfer Conference (WPTC2016)Aveiro, 2016.
24. Nguyen, T. N., Tran, M. H., Nguyen, T-L., Ha, D-H., and Voznák, M. Performance analysis of a user selection protocol in cooperative networks with power splitting protocol-based energy harvesting over Nakagami-m/Rayleigh channels. Electronics, 2019, 8(4), 448.
25. Halima, N. B. and Boujemaa, H. Exact and approximate symbol error probability of cooperative systems with best relay selection and all participating relaying using Amplify and Forward or Decode and Forward Relaying over Nakagami-m fading channels. KSII Trans. Internet Inf. Syst., 2018, 12(1), 81–108.
26. Tseng, S.-M., Lee, T-L., Ho, Y-C., and Tseng, D-F. Distributed space-time block codes with embedded adaptive AAF/DAF elements and opportunistic listening for multihop power line communication networks. Int. J. Commun. Syst., 2017, 30(1), e2950.
27. Li, Y. and Vucetic, B. On the performance of a simple adaptive relaying protocol for wireless relay networks. In Proceedings of the VTC Spring 2008 –IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Singapore, 11–14 May 2008, 2400–2405.
28. Nguyen, T. N., Tran, P. T., and Voznak, M. Power splitting-based energy-harvesting protocol for wireless powered communication networks with a bidirectional relay. Int. J. Commun. Syst., 2018, 31(13).
29. Assimonis, S. D., Daskalakis, S., and Bletsas, A. Sensitive and efficient RF harvesting supply for batteryless backscatter sensor networks. IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., 2016, 64(4), 1327–1338.
30. Popovic, Z. Far-field low-power wireless powering for unattended sensors. In 2015 IEEE 16th Annual Wireless and Microwave Technology Conference (WAMICON). Cocoa Beach, Fl., 2015, 1–4.
31. Nguyen, T. N., Minh, T. H. Q., Tran P. T., and Voznak, M. Adaptive energy harvesting relaying protocol for two-way half duplex system network over Rician fading channels. Wireless Commun. Mobile Comput., 2018, 1–10.
32. Nguyen, T. N., Tin, P. T., Ha, D. H., Voznak, M., Tran, P. T., Tran, M., and Nguyen, T-L. Hybrid TSR–PSR alternate energy harvesting relay network over Rician fading channels: outage probability and SER analysis. Sensors, 2018,18(11), article No. 3839.
33. Nguyen, T N., Minh, T. H. Q., Ha, D-H., Nguyen, T-L., and Voznak, M. Energy harvesting based two-way full-duplex relaying network over Rician fading environment: performance analysis. Proc. Estonian Acad. Sci., 2019, 68, 111–123.
34. Phan, V-D., Nguyen, T. N., Tran, M., Trang, T. T, Voznak, M., Ha, D-H., and Nguyen, T-L. Power beacon-assisted energy harvesting in a half-duplex communication network under co-channel interference over a Rayleigh fading environment: energy efficiency and outage probability analysis. Energies, 2019, 12(13), 2579.
35. Nguyen, T. N., Minh, T. H. Q., Nguyen, T-L., Ha, D-H., and Voznak, M. Multi-source power splitting energy harvesting relaying network in half-duplex system over block Rayleigh fading channel: system performance analysis. Electronics, 2019, 8(1), article No. 67.
36. Dong, Y., Hossain, M. J., and Cheng, J. Performance of wireless powered amplify and forward relaying over Nakagami-m fading channels with nonlinear energy harvester. IEEE Commun. Lett., 2016, 20(4), 672–675.
37. Wang, K., Li, Y., Ye, Y., and Zhang, H. Dynamic power splitting schemes for non-linear EH relaying networks: perfect and imperfect CSI. In 2017 IEEE 86th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall). Toronto, ON, 2017, 1–5.
38. Gradshteyn, I. S. and Ryzhik, I. M. Table of Integrals, Series, and Products, 8th ed. (Zwillinger, D. ed.). Elsevier, Academic Press, 2014.
39. Nguyen, T. N., Tran, P. T., Minh, T. H. Q., Voznak, M., and Sevcik, L. Two-way half duplex decode and forward relaying network with hardware impairment over Rician fading channel: system performance analysis. Elektron. Elektrotech., 2018, 24(2), 74–78.
40. Ye, Y., Li, Y., Wang, D., Zhou, F., Hu, R. Q., and Zhang, H. Optimal transmission schemes for DF relaying networks using SWIPT. IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technol., 2018, 67(8), 7062–7072.
41. Tin, P. T., Hung, D., T, Nguyen, T. N., Duy, T. T., and Voznak, M. Secrecy performance enhancement for underlay cognitive radio networks employing cooperative multi-hop transmission with and without presence of hardware impairments. Entropy, 2019, 21(2), article No. 217.
42. Nguyen, T. N., Tran, M., Tran, P. T., Tin, P. T., Nguyen, T-L., Ha, D-H., and Voznak, M. On the performance of power splitting energy harvested wireless full-duplex relaying network with imperfect CSI over dissimilar channels. Secur. Commun. Netw., 2018, article ID 6036087.
43. Tin, P. T., Nguyen, T. N., Tran, M., Trang, T. T., and Sevcik, L. Exploiting direct link in two-way half-duplex sensor network over block Rayleigh fading channel: upper bound ergodic capacity and exact SER analysis. Sensors, 2020, 20(4), article No. 1165.
Back to Issue