About a function that allows calculation of all symmetric homogeneous bivariate means; pp. 346–354Full article in PDF format | 10.3176/proc.2020.4.05
In this paper we define a function that allows us to calculate all symmetric homogeneous bivariate means. We also provide examples for this function in case of 17 means.
1. Bullen, P. S. Handbook of Means and Their Inequalities. Mathematics and its Applications 560, Kluwer Academic Publ. Group, Dordrecht, 2003.
2. Losonczi, L. and Páles, Z. Comparison of means generated by two functions and a measure. J. Math. Anal. Appl., 2008, 345(1), 135–146.
3. Marmor, R. A Function That Allows to Find Various Known Means. Bachelor’s Thesis, Tallinn University, 2020 (in Estonian).
4. Qi, F. On a two-parameter family of nonhomogeneous mean values. Tamkang J. Math., 1998, 29(2), 155–163.
5. Raïssouli, M. and Rezgui, A. Characterization of homogeneous symmetric monotone bivariate means. J. Inequal. Appl., 2016, Paper No. 217.
6. Raïssouli, M. and Rezgui, A. On a class of bivariate means including a lot of old and new means. Commun. Korean Math. Soc., 2019, 34(1), 239–251.
7. Toader, G. and Costin, I. Means in Mathematical Analysis. Bivariate Means. Mathematical Analysis and its Applications, Academic Press, London, 2018.
Back to Issue