Reliabilityof power plants is one of the primary concerns in power industry. Usually the reliability of boilers is calculated on the basis of analysis of long-term operation data or using the data of short tests by extrapolating them to long-term operation. Short tests in laboratory conditions can provide the data for initial determination of boiler reliability by the method of extra polation, but finally reliable data must be confirmed by industrial operation. Data on unit operation are obtained during the warranty period, which started after provisional acceptance conditions have been met, when the unit starts normal operation. The failures of components of CFB boilers that became evident during the warranty period are analyzed in this article.
1. Hälikkä, E. Reliability and maintenance improvements in latest generation in fluidized-bed boilers. – Power-Gen Europe, June 26–28, 2007, Madrid, Spain. 14 p. http://www.fwc.com/publications/tech_papers/files/TP_CFB_07_05.pdf
2. Kavidass, S., Szmania, M. J., Alexander, K. C. Design consideration of B&W industrial and utility size reheat/non-reheat IR-CFB boilers. – Power-Gen Asia 1996, Exhibition & Conference, New Delhi, September 17–19. 10 p. http://www.babcock.com/library/pdf/BR-1618.pdf
3. Kavidass, S., Anderson, G. L., Norton, G. S. Jr. Why build a circulating fluidized bed boiler to generate steam and electric power. – Power-Gen Asia 2000, September 20–22, 2000, Bangkok, Thailand. 7 p. http://www.babcock. com/library/pdf/BR-1708.pdf
4. Lamping, G. A., Arrowood Jr., R. M. Manual for Investigation and Correction of Boiler Tube Failures. – Southwest Research Inst., San Antonio, TX (USA), Technical Report EPRI-CS-3945, Palo Alto, April 1985. 331 p.
5. Psik, R., Soltysiak, M. Two years of operation at the ELCHO CHP plant – achieving high efficiency and availability and low emissions. – Power-Gen Europe, 30 May – 1 June, 2006, Cologne, Germany. 17 p. http://www.fwc.com/ publications/tech_papers/files/TP_CFB_06_01.pdf
6. Suik, H., Pihu, T., Molodtsov, A. Wear of the fuel supply system of CFB boilers // Oil Shale. 2008. Vol. 25, No. 2, P. 209–216.