Wind speed and velocity at three Estonian coastal stations 1969–1992; pp. 209–219Full article in PDF format | doi: 10.3176/eng.2008.3.02
1. HELCOM. Climate Change in the Baltic Sea Area – HELCOM Thematic Assessment in 2007. Baltic Sea Environment Proceedings No. 111, Helsinki Commission.
2. The BACC Author Team. Assessment of Climate Change for the Baltic Sea Basin. Springer, 2008.
3. Alexandersson, H., Tuomenvirta, H., Schmith, T. and Iden, K. Trends of storms in NW Europe derived from an updated pressure data set. Climate Res., 2000, 14, 71–73.
4. The WASA Group. Changing waves and storms in the Northeast Atlantic? Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc., 1998, 79, 741–760.
5. Bärring, L. and von Storch, H. Scandinavian storminess since about 1800. Geophys. Res. Lett., 2004, 31, L20202.
6. Orviku, K., Jaagus, J., Kont, A., Ratas, U. and Rivis, R. Increasing activity of coastal processes associated with climate change in Estonia. J. Coastal Res., 2003, 19, 364–375.
7. Sepp, M., Post, P. and Jaagus, J. Long-term changes in the frequency of cyclones and their trajectories in Central and Northern Europe. Nordic Hydrology, 2005, 36, 297–309.
8. Pryor, S. C. and Barthelmie, R. J. Long-term trends in near-surface flow over the Baltic. Int. J. Climatol., 2003, 23, 271–289.
9. Soomere, T. and Keevallik, S. Trends in wind speed over the Gulf on Finland (1961–2000). In Proc. 4th Study Conference on BALTEX. Gudhjem, Denmark, 2004, 129–130.
10. Kull, A. Relationship between inter-annual variation of wind direction and wind speed. Publicationes Instituti Geographici Universitatis Tartuensis, 2005, 97, 62–70.
11. Keevallik, S., Soomere, T., Pärg, R. and Žukova, V. Outlook for wind measurement at Estonian automatic weather stations. Proc. Estonian Acad. Sci. Eng., 2007, 13, 234–251.
12. Holton, J. An Introduction to Dynamic Meteorology, 4th ed. Elsevier Academic Press, 2004.
14. Jaagus, J. Climatic changes in Estonia during the second half of the 20th century in relationship with changes in large-scale atmospheric circulation. Theor. Appl. Climatol., 2006, 83, 77–88.
15. Sooäär, J. and Jaagus, J. Long-term changes in the sea ice regime in the Baltic Sea near the Estonian coast. Proc. Estonian Acad. Sci. Eng., 2007, 13, 189–200.
Back to Issue