The current trend of automation and manufacturing is digitalization called Industry 4.0. The digitalization is not only the manufacturing process upgrade but also logistics and intelligent transport solutions. Rapid development of intelligent control techniques has also brought changes in automotive industry and led to developments of autonomous vehicles. This paper presents a concept for an integration of self-driving vehicle ISEAUTO into Industry 4.0. ISEAUTO is a last mile automated shuttle bus designed and built in Estonia for short range transportation.
1. Gao, P., Kaas, H. W., Mohr, D., and Wee, D. Disruptive trends that will transform the auto industry. McKinsey & Company. https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/ automotive-and-assembly/our-insights/disruptive-trends-that-will-transform-the-auto-industry
2. Kagermann, H., Lukas, W.-D., and Wahlster, W. Industrie 4.0: Mit dem Internet der Dinge auf dem Weg zur 4. industriellen Revolution. VDI nachrichten, 2011, 13(11), 2.
3. Russo, G., Baccaglini, E., Boulard, L., Brevi, D., and Scopigno, R. Video processing for V2V communications: A case study with traffic lights and plate recognition. In Proceedings of 2015 IEEE 1st International Forum on Research and Technologies for Society and Industry Leveraging a better tomorrow (RTSI), Turin, Italy, September 16–18, 2015. IEEE, 2015, 144–148. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7325064
4. Traub, M., Vögel, H.-J., Sax, E., Streichert, T., and Härri, J. Digitalization in automotive and industrial systems. In Proceedings of the 2018 Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference and Exhibition (DATE), Dresden, Germany, March 19–23, 2018. IEEE, 2018, 1203–1204. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8342198
5. Rassõlkin, A., Sell, R., and Leier. M. Development Case Study of the First Estonian Self-Driving Car, ISEAUTO. Electr. Control Commun. Eng., 2018, 14(1), 81–88.
6. Kuts, V., Otto, T., Tähemaa, T., Bukhari, K., and Pataraia, T. Adaptive Industrial Robots Using Machine Vision. In Proceedings of the ASME 2018 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE2018), Pittsburgh, PA, USA, November 9‒15, 2018. ASME, 2019.
7. Gath, M., Herzog, O., and Edelkamp, S. Autonomous and flexible multiagent systems enhance transport logistics. In Proceedings of the 2014 11th International Conference and Expo on Emerging Technologies for a Smarter World (CEWIT), Melville, NY, USA, October 29‒30 2014. IEEE 2014, 0–5. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7021143
8. Schieweck, S., Kern-Isberner, G., and Ten Hompel, M. Using answer set programming in an order-picking system with cellular transport vehicles. In Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM), Bali, Indonesia, December 4‒7, 2016. IEEE 2016, 1600–1604. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7798147
9. Kaganski, S., Majak, J., Karjust, K., and Toompalu, S. (2017). Implementation of Key Performance Indicators Selection Model as Part of the Enterprise Analysis Model. Procedia CIRP, 2017, 63, 283−288.
10. Eiskop, T., Snatkin, A., and Karjust, K. Production monitoring system with predictive functionality. J. Eng. Sci. Technol., 2017, 12 (9), 2410–2425.
11. Sell, R. and Otto, T. Remotely controlled multi robot environment. In Proceedings of the 19th EAEEIE Annual Conference, Tallinn, Estonia, June 29‒July 2, 2008. IEEE 2008, 20–25. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4610152