Front dynamics in inhomogeneous solids; 155–161Full article in PDF format
2. Maugin, G. A. Material Inhomogeneities in Elasticity. Chapman and Hall, London, 1993.
3. Rice, J. R. A path independent integral and the approximate analysis of strain concentration by notches and cracks. ASME J. Appl. Mech., 1968, 35, 379–386.
4. Abeyaratne, R. and Knowles, J. K. Kinetic relations and the propagation of phase boundaries in solids. Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal., 1991, 114, 119–154.
5. Abeyaratne, R., Bhattacharya, K. and Knowles, J. K. Strain-energy functions with local minima: modelling phase transformations using finite thermoelasticity. In Nonlinear Elasticity: Theory and Application (Fu, Y. and Ogden, R. W., eds). Cambridge University Press, 2001, 33–490.
6. Callen, H. B. Thermodynamics. Wiley & Sons, New York, 1960.
7. Casas-Vázquez, J. and Jou, D. Temperature in non-equilibrium states: a review of open problems and current proposals. Rep. Prog. Phys., 2003, 66, 1937–2023.
8. LeVeque, R. J. Finite Volume Methods for Hyperbolic Problems. Cambridge University Press, 2002.
9. Muschik, W. Fundamentals of non-equilibrium thermodynamics. In Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics with Application to Solids (Muschik, W., ed.). Springer, Wien, 1993, 1–63.
10. Berezovski, A. and Maugin, G. A. Simulation of thermoelastic wave propagation by means of a composite wave-propagation algorithm. J. Comp. Physics, 2001, 168, 249–264.
11. Berezovski, A. and Maugin, G. A. Thermoelastic wave and front propagation. J. Thermal Stresses, 2002, 25, 719–743.
12. Berezovski, A. and Maugin, G. A. On the thermodynamic conditions at moving phase-transition fronts in thermoelastic solids. J. Non-Equilib. Thermodyn., 2004, 29, 37–51.
13. Berezovski, A. and Maugin, G. A. Stress-induced phase-transition front propagation in thermoelastic solids. Eur. J. Mech. – A/Solids, 2005, 24, 1–21.
14. Berezovski, A. and Maugin, G. A. On the velocity of a moving phase boundary in solids. Acta Mech., 2005, 179, 187–196.
15. Maugin, G. A. Thermomechanics of inhomogeneous--heterogeneous systems: application to the irreversible progress of two- and three-dimensional defects. ARI, 1997, 50, 41–56.
16. Muschik, W. and Berezovski, A. Thermodynamic interaction between two discrete systems in non-equilibrium. J. Non-Equilib. Thermodyn., 2004, 29, 237–255.
17. Berezovski, A. and Maugin, G. A. Impact-induced phase transition front propagation in an adiabatic bar. J. Mech. Phys. Solids (submitted).
18. Berezovski, A. and Maugin, G. A. On the propagation velocity of a straight brittle crack. Int. J. Fracture (to appear).
19. Freund, L. B. Dynamic Fracture Mechanics. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1990.
Back to Issue