A concept of the separate conservation laws of angular momenta and recent calculations of the transverse shifts of a light packet at reflection and refraction are discussed. It is shown that the results of these calculations are the particular cases of the results obtained in previous works of the author. The most general condition under which the shifts satisfy the separate conservation laws is pointed out.
1. Kristoffel, N. N. Total internal reflection and related phenomena. Acta Comment. Univ. Tartuensis, 1956, 71, 94–112 (in Russian).
2. Fedoseyev, V. G. Transverse shift of a light ray at reflection and refraction. I. General results. Opt. Spectrosc., 1991, 71, 829–834 [Opt. Spectrosc. (USSR), 1991, 71, 483].
3. Fedoseyev, V. G. Transverse shift of a light ray at reflection and refraction. II. Calculation of the shift. Opt. Spectrosc., 1991, 71, 992–997 [Opt. Spectrosc. (USSR), 1991, 71, 570].
4. Onoda, M., Murakami, S. and Nagaosa, N. Hall effect of light. Phys. Rev. Lett., 2004, 93, 083901.
5. Bliokh, K. Yu. and Bliokh, Yu. P. Conservation of angular momentum, transverse shift, and spin Hall effect in reflection and refraction of an electromagnetic wave packet. Phys. Rev. Lett., 2006, 96, 073903.
6. Fedoseyev, V. G. Conservation Laws and Transverse Energy Motion on Reflection and Refraction. Preprint F-30, Academy of Sciences of the Estonian SSR, 1985.
7. Fedoseyev, V. G. Conservation laws and transverse motion of energy on reflection and transmission of electromagnetic waves. J. Phys. A: Math. Gen., 1988, 21, 2045–2059.
8. Fedoseyev, V. G. Spin-independent transverse shift of the centre of gravity of a reflected and of a refracted light beam. Opt. Commun., 2001, 193, 9–18.
9. Fedoseyev, V. A new nonspecular effect in reflection of a light beam carrying orbital angular momentum. In Biannual Report 2002/2003. Institute of Physics, University of Tartu, 2004, 40–43.