The experiments on physics and mechanics of borehole hydraulic mining were designed to determine mechanical characteristics of mined oil shale. Oil shale of Nong’an deposit belongs to slightly weathered and relatively complete rocks. Oil shale beds are characterized by a very definite discontinuity in both horizontal bedding orientation and vertical bedding direction. Compressive strength, tensile strength, Poisson's ratio and other data characterizing oil shale beds in different directions in the Nong’an mining site were obtained and compared. The direction of borehole hydraulic mining was determined. The vertical bedding direction to break oil shale was considered to be better, because strength in this direction is low, rock mass integrity poor, and the degree of weathering more pronounced. The diameter of borer nozzle, dynamic pressure, maximum caving capacity and other parameters needed for borehole hydraulic mining were selected.
2. Chen Chen, Zu-pe Zhang , Miao Wang. The new model of mining oil shale in Jilin province. China Mining Magazine, 2007, 16(5), 55–57 (in Chinese).
3. Chen Chen, Li Gang, Wen Jiwei, Xuanchen Yan. Borehole hydraulic mining drilling system. International Symposium on Oil Shale Exploration and Utilization, 2011, 18–20.
4. Wen-jian Zhu, Zhen-quan Wang. Result analyzing of oil shale characteristic parameter testing. Exploration Engineering (Rock & Soil Drilling and Tunneling), 2009, Vol. S1, 140–146 (in Chinese).
5. Zongyuan Lin. Geotechnical Testing and Monitoring Manual. Liaoning Science and Technology Press, 1994, 26–79 (in Chinese).
6. Min He. Application of ultrasonic detection test in the rocks. Water Resources Development & Management, 2010, 30(6), 45–46 (in Chinese).
7. Liu Xinxi, Xia Yuanyou, Liu Zude, Chen Xiangyang, Ning Qiyuan. Experimental study on slaking deformation of intense weathering soft rock under complicated stress conditions. Chinese Journal of Mechanics and Engineering, 2006, 25(5), 925–930 (in Chinese).
8. Ji-you Xiong, Rong-qing Liao, Wen-tao Sun, Da-jun Ru. Study of hydraulic breaking properties of petroleum engineering rocks. Journal of Southwest Petroleum Institute, 1999, 21(1), 48–51 (in Chinese).
9. Wang Peng, Mao Xian-biao, Du Chun-zhi, Sun Feng-juan. Study on the propagation mechanism of the crack for borehole hydraulic fracturing in coal seam. Journal of Mining and Safe Engineering, 2009, 26(1), 31–35 (in Chinese).
10. Dimitrijevic, B., Pinka, J., Mitrovic, V. Selection of technological parameters in borehole mining production by technical deep drilling and hydroexploitation. Acta Montan. Slovaca, 2004, 9(3), 160–167.11. Zhang Xiao-yuan, Li Chang-cheng. Flux calculation of pressure pipe. Water Saving Irrigation, 2003, 121(5),16–17 (in Chinese).