1. The Gazetteer for Scotland. West Lothian Statistics. – Available from: http://www.geo.ed.ac.uk/scotgaz/councils/councildetails29.html, 1995–2007 (accessed 4th February 2010).
2. Tranter, N. Portrait of the Lothians. – London: Robert Hale, 1979.
3. Cadell, H. M. The Rocks of West Lothian. – Edinburgh: Oliver and Boyd, 1925.
4. Kerr, D. Shale Oil: Scotland. The World's Pioneering Oil Industry. – Edinburgh, 1994.
5. Francu, J., Harvie, B., Laenen, B., Siirde, A., Veiderma, M. A study on the EU oil shale industry viewed in the light of the Estonian experience. A report by EASAC to the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy of the European Parliament. – Available from: http://www.easac.org/fileadmin/PDF_s/ reports_statements/Study.pdf., 2007 (accessed 21st June 2010).
6. Institute of Geological Sciences. Geological Map of the United Kingdom; North, 3rd edn. – Southampton: Director General of the Ordnance Survey, 1979.
7. Cameron, I. B., McAdam, A. D. The Oil Shales of the Lothians, Scotland: present resources and former workings. Institute of Geological Sciences Report 78/28. – London: HMSO, 1978.
8. EDINA. The Old (1791–1799) Statistical Account of Scotland, Number XXX. – Edinburgh, Parish of Ecclesmachen: Edina, 2002.
9. McHenry, R. (ed). The New Encyclopaedia Britannica, 15th edn. – Chicago: Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1992.
10. Hendrie, W. F. Discovering West Lothian. – Edinburgh: John Donald, 1986.
11. Great Britain Historical GIS Project. West Lothian Through Time. – Available from: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/data_theme_page.jsp?u_id=10089773
&c_id=10090283&data_theme=T_POP, 2004 (accessed 14th February 2010).
12. Hallett, D., Durant, G. P., Farrow, G. E. Oil exploration and production in Scotland // Scot. J. Geol. 1985. Vol. 21. P. 547–570.
13. Keay, J., Keay, J. Collins Encyclopaedia of Scotland. – London: Harper Collins, 1994.
14. Scottish Development Department. The Lothians Regional Survey and Plan. Vol. 1: Economic and Social Aspects. – Edinburgh: Her Majesty's Stationery Office, 1966.15. BP. BP Manufacturing. – Available from: http://www.bp.com/liveassets/ bp_internet/globalbp/STAGING/global_assets/downloads/B/bp_in_scotland.pdf, undated (accessed 23rd February 2010).