Concentration of solid particles of ash and inert material present in the combustion chamber of a circulating fluidised-bed boiler is very high, giving rise to some disadvantages. At the same time, the required temperature level in the combustion chamber is guaranteed by circulation of solid particles. In this work numerical simulation of gas-solid particle flow has been performed in the frame of a two-fluid model, namely the Eulerian approach for the dispersed phase, for conditions of the circulating fluidised bed, ranging from moderate to high mass ratios of the flow. An incorporated original model of closure of transport equations of the dispersed phase permitted to account the interparticle collisions which might be indispensable to proper numerical simulation of the process in the circulating fluidised bed under discussion. The results of this work would help to improve the processes occurring in the combustion chamber of the circulating fluidised-bed boiler.
1. Ots, A. Oil Shale Fuel Combustion. – Tallinn, 2006.
2. Helland, E., Occelli, R., Tadrist, L. Numerical study of cluster formation in a gas-particle circulating fluidised bed // Powder Technol. 2000. Vol. 110, No. 3. P. 210–221.
3. Frishman, F., Hussainov, M., Kartushinsky, A., Mulgi, A. Numerical simulation of a two-phase turbulent pipe-jet flow loaded with polyfractional solid admixture // Int. J. Multiphase Flow. 1997. Vol. 23, No. 4. P. 765–796.
4. Kartushinsky, A., Michaelides, E. E. An analytical approach for the closure equations of gas-solid flows with inter-particle collisions // Int. J. Multiphase Flow. 2004. Vol. 30, No. 2. P. 159–180.
5. Kartushinsky, A., Michaelides, E. E. Gas-solid particle flow in horizontal channel: decomposition of the particle-phase flow and inter-particle collision effect // J. Fluids Eng. 2007. Vol. 129, No. 6. P. 702–712.
6. Hussain, A., Ani, F. N., Darus, A. N., Mustafa, A., Salema, A. A. Simulation studies of gas-solid in the riser of a circulating fluidized bed // Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Fluidized Bed Combustion, ASME Publication, 2005. Article No. FBC2005-78014. P. 201–207.
7. Thermal Calculation of Power Generators (Standard Method). – Moscow, Energija, 1973 [in Russian].
8. Oil Shale Perspectives Within Energy Production, Estonia. Outline Proposal for 100 MWth Demonstration CFB Boiler. – Lurgi Energie und Umwelt GmbH, Frankfurt am Main, 1995.
9. Hussainov, M., Kartushinsky, A., Mulgi, A., Rudi, Ü., Tisler, S. Experimental and theoretical study of the distribution of mass concentration of solid particles in the two-phase laminar boundary layer on a flat plate // Int. J. Multiphase Flow. 1995. Vol. 21, No. 6. P. 1141–1161.
10. Hussainov, M., Kartushinsky, A., Mulgi, A., Rudi, Ü. Gas-solid flow with the slip velocity of particles in a horizontal channel // J. Aerosol Sci. 1996. Vol. 27, No. 1. P. 41–59.
11. Crowe, C. T., Gillandt, I. Turbulence modulation of fluid-particle flows – a basic approach // Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Multiphase Flow, Lyon, France, June 8–12, 1998. CD-ROM.