Control structure and scheduling of a hybrid assembly system; pp. 18–29Full article in PDF format | doi: 10.3176/eng.2013.1.03
This paper describes a hybrid control structure, working scenarios and logic of working cycles during the assembly of an unlimited sequence of assembly orders in a bionic assembly system (BAS). Focus is given on the realization of the communication between subsystems, different modes of the assembly process and scheduling strategies and basic tasks of mobile robots during assembly. BAS is a new concept in advanced assembling systems, which combines two basic control structures and principles: a centralized control system, based on the hierarchy, and a self-organizing control system, based on the heterarchy.
1. Pyanichnikov, V. E., Katalinic, B. and Platonov, A. Application of the autonomous mobile robots “AMUR” for the modeling of the self-organizing systems. Intellectual and Adaptive Robots, 2011, 6(1–2), 8–18 (in Russian).
2. Tomomi Kito and Kanji Ueda. Introducing bounded rationality into self-organization-based semiconductor manufacturing. Part 2. In Dynamics in Logistics. Springer, 2008, 65–73.
3. *** http://www.merriam-webster.com/ dictionary/organization, accessed on 2012/05/27.
4. *** http://thesaurus.com/browse/ organization, accessed on 2012/02/27.
5. ***http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/self-organization.html, accessed on 2012/04/26.
6. Katalinic, B., Cesarec, P., Stopper, M. and Kettler, R. Self-organizing systems in nature and technology. In Proc. 7th International DAAAM Baltic Conference on Industrial Engineering, Tallinn, Estonia, 2010.
7. Katalinic, B., Visekruna, V. and Kordic, V. Bionic assembly systems: Design and scheduling of next generation of self-organising complex flexible assembly system in CIM environment. In Proc. 35th CIRP International Seminar on Manufacturing Systems. Seoul, Korea, 2002.
8. Kukushkin, I. K., Katalinic, B., Cesarec, P. and Kettler, R. Reconfiguration in self-organizing systems. In Proc. 22nd International DAAAM Symposium (Katalinic, B., ed.). DAAAM International, Vienna, 2011, 641–642.
9. Katalinic, B., Kukushkin, I. K., Cesarec, P. and Kettler, R. Hybrid control structure and scheduling of bionic assembly system. In Proc. 8th International Conference of DAAAM Baltic, Industrial Engineering (Otto, T., ed.). Tallinn, Estonia, 2012, 483–489.
10. Berger, F., Laengauer, C., Hornung, J., Hamilton, P., Dolezal, C., Zeitlinger, R. and Cesarec, P. Bionic assembly system: queuing, technology matrix and life file. In Proc. 20th International DAAAM Symposium, 2009, 21–22.
11. Katalinic, B. Collective behaviors of an interconnected bionic assembly system – working scenarios and strategies. In DAAAM Internationals Scientific Book, Chapter 58 (Katalinic, B., ed.). DAAAM International, Vienna, Austria, 2007.12. Pyanichnikov, V., Platonov, A. and Katalinic, B. Supervisory group control of mobile technological robots. Report at the 1st Russian-German Seminar on Space Robotics, Stuttgart, 2012, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and German Airspace Academy, Stuttgart, 2012.
Back to Issue