1. Juhanko, J. and Kuosmanen, P. New method for proactive maintenance of paper machine rolls. In Proc. 2nd World Congress on Engineering Asset Management and the 4th International Conference on Condition Monitoring. Harrogate, UK, 2007, 812–921.
2. Kuosmanen, P. Predictive 3D Roll Grinding Method for Reducing Paper Quality Variations in Coating Machines. Thesis, Helsinki University of Technology, Publications in Machine Design 2/2004, Espoo, 2004.
3. Hilden, K. and Peranto, J. Paper analysis: the key to optimizing and troubleshooting paper machines. Pulp and Paper Canada, July 2000.
4. Juhanko, J. Dynamic Behaviour of a Paper Machine Roll. Licentiate Thesis. Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Machine Design, Espoo, 1999 (in Finnish).
5. ISO 11342 Mechanical vibration – Methods and criteria for the mechanical balancing of flexible rotors, 1994.
6. Keskiniva, M. and Lauste, L. Dynamic balancing of flexible rolls of paper machines subjected to distributed unbalance loads. In Proc. Ninth World Congress on the Theory of Machines and Mechanisms. Milan, 1995.
7. Jei, Y.-G. and Lee, C.-W. Modal analysis of continuous asymmetrical rotor-bearing systems. J. Sound Vibration, 1992, 152, 245–262.
8. Kang, Y., Shih, Y.-P. and Lee, A.-C. Investigation of the steady state responses of asymmetric rotors. J. Vibration Acoustics, Trans. ASME, 1992, 114, 194–208.
9. Fowler, K. A., Elfbaum, G. M., Smith, K. A. and Nelligan, T. J. Theory and application of precision ultrasonic thickness gaging. NDTnet – October 1997, 2, No. 10. J. British Inst. Non-Destruct. Testing, www.ndt.net/article/wt1097/ panam/panam.htm
10. Uski, T. Ultrasonic Inspection of Coatings of Paper Machine Rolls. Master’s Thesis, Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Machine Design, Espoo, 1999 (in Finnish).
11. Bathe, K. J. and Wilson, E. L. Numerical Methods in Finite Element Analysis. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1976.12. Forsberg, K. Modelling of the Shell Deformations of the Tube Roll. Master’s Thesis, Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Machine Design. Espoo, 2006 (in Finnish).