Aortic and arterial pulse wave velocity in patients with coronary heart disease of different severity; pp. 167–176Full article in PDF format | doi: 10.3176/eng.2008.2.06
1. Nichols, W. W. and O’Rourke, M. F. McDonalds’ Blood Flow in Arteries: Theoretical, Experimental and Clinical Principles, 4th ed. Arnold, London, 1998.
2. Liu, Y., Wang, D. H., Liao, X. X. and Xu, M. G. Increased brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity is associated with impaired endothelial function in patients with coronary artery disease. Chin. Med. J., 2006, 119, 1866–1870.
3. Van Popele, N. and Grobbee, D. Association between arterial stiffness and atherosclerosis: the Rotterdam study. Stroke, 2001, 32, 454–460.
4. Wada, T., Kodaira, K., Fujishiro, K., Maie, K., Tsukiyama, E., Fukumoto, T., Uchida, T. and Yamazaki, S. Correlation of ultrasound-measured common carotid artery stiffness with pathological findings. Arterioscler. Thromb., 1994, 14, 479–482.
5. Avolio, A. P., Deng, F. Q., Li, W. Q., Luo, Y. F., Huang, Z. D. and Xing, L. F. Effects of aging on arterial distensibility in populations with high and low prevalence of hypertension: comparison between urban and rural communities in China. Circulation, 1985, 71, 202–210.
6. Riley, W. A., Evans, G. W., Sharrett, A. R., Burke, G. L. and Barnes, R. W. Variation of common carotid artery elasticity with intimal-medial thickness: The ARIC study. Ultrasound Med. Biol., 1997, 23, 157–164.
7. Woolam, G. L., Schnur, P. I., Vallbona, C. and Hoff, H. E. The pulse wave velocity as an early indicator of atherosclerosis in diabetic subjects. Circulation, 1962, 25, 533–539.
8. Weber, T. and Auer, J. Arterial stiffness, wave reflections, and the risk of coronary artery disease. Circulation, 2004, 109, 184–189.
9. Asmar, R. Arterial Stiffness and Pulse Wave Velocity: Clinical Applications. Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1999.
10. Bramwell, J. C. The lumleian lectures on the arterial pulse in health and disease (I, II, III). Lancet, 1937, 2, 239–251.
11. Hallock, P. Arterial elasticity in man in relation to age as evaluated by the pulse wave velocity method. Arch. Int. Med., 1934, 54, 770–798.
12. Nissen, S. E. IVUS is redefining atherosclerotic disease. Am. J. Manag. Care, 2003, suppl.,
13. European Guidelines on Cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice: executive summary. Eur. J. Cardiovasc. Prevention Rehabilit., 2007, 14.
Back to Issue