On the influence of the sequence of coastal upwellings and downwellings on surface water salinity in the Gulf of Finland; pp. 29–41Full article in PDF format | doi: 10.3176/eng.2008.1.03
1. Gidhagen, L. Coastal upwelling in the Baltic Sea. Satellite and in situ measurements of sea-surface temperatures indicating coastal upwelling. Estuarine Coastal Shelf Sci., 1984, 24, 449–462.
2. Fennel, W. and Seifert, T. Kelvin wave controlled upwelling in the western Baltic. J. Mar. Sci., 1995, 6, 289–300.
3. Jankowski, A. Wind-induced variability of hydrological parameters in the coastal zone of the southern Baltic Sea – a numerical study. Oceanol. Studies, Gdansk, 2000, 29(3), 5–34.
4. Haapala, J. Upwelling and its influence on nutrient concentration in the coastal area of the Hanko Peninsula, entrance of the Gulf of Finland. Estuarine Coastal Shelf Sci., 1994, 38, 507–521.
5. Carbonel, C. A. A. H. Modelling of downwelling-upwelling cycles caused by variable wind in a very sensitive coastal system. Cont. Shelf Res., 2003, 23, 1559–1578.
6. Myrberg, K. and Andrejev, O. Main upwelling regions in the Baltic Sea – a statistical analysis based on three-dimensional modelling. Boreal Environm. Res., 2003, 8, 97–112.
7. Andrejev, O., Myrberg, K., Alenius, P. and Lundberg, P. A. Mean circulation and water exchange in the Gulf of Finland – a study based on three-dimensional modelling. Boreal Environm. Res., 2004, 9, 1–16.
8. Alenius, P., Myrberg, K. and Nekrasov, A. The physical oceanography of the Gulf of Finland: a review. Boreal Environm. Res., 1998, 3, 97–125.
9. Lacombe, H. Cours d’Oceanographie Physique. Mir, Moscow, 1974 (in Russian).
10. Talpsepp, L., Nõges, T., Raid, T. and Kõuts, T. Hydrophysical and hydrobiological processes in the Gulf of Finland in summer 1987 – characterization and relationship. Cont. Shelf Res., 1994, 14, 749–763.
11. Talpsepp, L. Investigations of mesoscale hydrophysical processes in the Gulf of Finland in 1985–1990. Proc. Estonian Acad. Sci. Ecol., 1993, 3, 137–148.12. Bychkova, I. A. and Viktorov, S. V. Use of satellite data for identification and classification of upwelling in the Baltic Sea. Oceanology, 1987, 27, 158–162.
Back to Issue