Distribution of extreme wet and dry days in Estonia in last 50 years; 252-259Full article in PDF format
1. IPCC. The Scientific Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Second Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press, New York, 2001.
2. Menne, B. Extreme weather events and health. In Extreme Weather Events (Kirch, W., Menne, B. and Bertollini, R., eds.). Springer, 2005, 27–39.
3. Hales, S., Edwards, S. J. and Kovats, R. S. Impacts on health of climate extremes. In Climate Change and Human Health. WHO, Genf, 2003, 79–102.
4. IFAS. Extreme heat and drought. In The Disaster Handbook, National Edition. Institute of Food and Agriculture Sciences, University of Florida, 1988, 1–3.
5. Kirde, K. Andmeid Eesti kliimast. Tartu, 1939.
6. Scientific Handbook of the Climate of the USSR. Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1990, vol. 3, 1–6 (in Russian).
7. Eesti keskkonnaseire 2004–2005. http://eelis.ic.envir.ee:88/seireveeb/
9. Klein Tank, A., Wijngaard, J. and van Engelen, A. Climate of Europe. Assessment of Observed Daily Temperature and Precipitation Extremes. European Climate Assessment (ECA). KNMI, de Bilt, 2002.
10. Schmidli, J. and Frei, Ch. Trends of heavy precipitation and wet and dry spells in Switzerland during the 20th century. Int. J. Climatol., 2005, 25, 753–771.
11. Kivi, K. Ohtlikud ilmanähtused. EMHI, Tallinn, 1998.
12. Tammets, T. Changes in frequency of extreme wet and dry conditions in Estonia. In Proc. International Conference on Climate Change: Impacts and Responses in Central and Eastern European Countries. Pecs, 2005, 87–93.
13. Hüdrometeoroloogiajaamade ja vaatluspostide juhend. Vol. 2, Part I. Tallinn, 1989.
14. Tammets, T. Precipitation and snow measurements in Estonia and assessment of their possible extreme values. In Reporting of the GCOS Regional Workshop for Eastern and Central Europe on Improving Observing Systems for Climate. GCOS-100, Leipzig, 2005, 125–127.
15. Jaagus, J. Climate change tendencies in Estonia in relation with changes in atmospheric circulation during the second half of the 20th century. In Publ. Inst. Geogr. Universitatis Tartuensis. Tartu, 2003, 62–79.
Back to Issue